عنوان مقاله [English]
Identity of human beings is not substantial, nor solid, but variable. In the course of transferring self-recognition, Western philosophy has been introduced into Japan and this factor which made an essential change of self-awareness and representation in Japan, has been playing an important role. Understandably, thinkers in Japan grasp and represent their worldview in a state of modernity differently than before. In other words, they grounded their way and expression of thinking in the midst of modernization through rethinking their traditional terminology and rhetoric in a more univer-salized framework. Some representative thinkers, who philo-sophized from such a point of view, thematized the problems of place, predicate, and individualization in a new way. Focusing on the modernization challenge of philosophers in Japan, in this study, I deal with prominent figures like NISHIDA Kitaro, SUZUKI Daisetsu (or Daisetz) Teitaro, HISAMATSU Shin’ichi, SUETSUNA Joichi, NISHITANI Keiji, and IZUTSU Toshihiko. Among these, I would like to pay special attention to the theories of Nishida, Suzuki, Nishitani, and Izutsu, since they are very influential thinkers, who created wider philosophical discourses in the philosophical milieu in Japan
- Izutsu, Toshihiko, Kosumosu to anchikosumosu (Cosmos and Anti-Cosmos), Tokyo: Iwanami shoten, 1989.
- Mulla Sadra, Kitab al-Masha’ir, in: Corbin, Henry, Le livre des pénétrations métaphysiques, Téhéran: Département d'iranologie de l'Institut franco-iranien ; Paris : Adrien-Maisonneuve, 1964.
- Mulla Sadra, Kitab al-Masha’ir, in: Izutsu, Toshihiko, Sonzai ninshiki no michi, Iwanami shoten: Tokyo, 1978.
- Nishida, Kitaro, Nishida Kitaro Zenshu (the Complete works of Nishida Kitaro), 19 vols. Tokyo: Iwanami shoten, 1987. (NKZ)
- Nichitani, Keiji, NishitaniKeiji Chosakushu, (the selected works of Nishitani Keiji), vols. 26, Tokyo: Sobunsha, 1986-95. (NKC)
- Ono, Junichi, “Mullā Sadrā und Überwindung der Prädikatstheorie Nishidas”, in: C. Bickmann und M. Wirtz, eds., Selbstverhältnis imWeltbezug, Teil II, Nordhausen: Traugott Bautz, 2011, pp.75-92.
- Suetsuna, Joichi, Kegonkyo no sekai (World of Huayan Sutra), Tokyo: Shunjusha, 1957.
- Suzuki, Daisetsu , Suzuki Daisetsu Zenshu (the Complete works of Suzuki Daisetsu), vol. 32, Tokyo: Iwanami shoten, 1968-71. (SDZ)
- Tanabe, Hajime, Tanane Hajime Zenshu (the complete works of Tanabe Hajime), Tokyo: Chikuma shobo, 1963-64. (THZ)
- Yamashita, Masao, Shiso no naka no sugakuteki kozo (Mathematical Structure in Thoughts), Tokyo: Chikuma shoten, 2006 .